3RD-RAIL DE-ICING AGENT
Anti-icing provides the maintenance manager with two major benefits: keeping transit trains running on schedule and maintaining maximum safety for passengers. Third Rail Anti-Icer is applied prior to a severe storm event. Ongoing applications during the storm will maintain a clear, ice-free third rail.
If you wait until ice forms, “De-icing” requires 5 to 10 times more product to melt ice than what is required to “Anti-ice” in the first place. This is because typical de-icers, due to their lower viscosity, create more runoff and make de-icing highly ineffective. When you compare your options, anti-icing is more economical, faster, easier and is the far superior choice. You save time, money and operational interruption when you prepare an anti-icing strategy. Midwest Industrial Supply, Inc. helps you prepare your anti-icing strategy and provides you peace of mind.
Zero Gravity® Smart Fluid
Third Rail Anti-Icer was developed to permit uninterrupted equipment operation at freezing temperatures. With the absence of electrolytes, there is no possibility of galvanic action and corrosion. Electrical shorts and arcing are eliminated as well. Because of its non-tacky nature, it will also reduce the wear-and-tear on the contact shoe.
Third Rail Anti-Icer is the twenty-first century “Smart Choice” for busy maintenance managers who have many other responsibilities on their minds. When you keep trains running on time, your passengers stay happy and that maintains high-quality customer service.
Zero Gravity “Smart Fluid” technology is a patented and licensed capability which permits our Third Rail Anti-Icer to be sprayed or poured, in a liquid
- Boiling/Melting Point …473ºF 245ºC
- Vapor Pressure …<0.01
- Specific Gravity …1.04 to 1.08
- Solubility in Water …Complete
- Appearance …Orange liquid
- Odor …Slight Odor
- Ph …7.0
- Eliminates Power Loss And Stalled Trains
- Prevents Ice & Snow From Bonding To The Third Rail
- Maximizes Safety Conditions For Passengers
- Defies The Effects Of Rain, Sleet, Snow, Wind & Gravity
- Does Not Conduct Electricity or Cause Shorting
- Holds Fast to Vertical Surfaces & Remains In Place
- Reduces Wear And Tear On “Contact Shoes”
- More Effective Than Electric Rail Heaters
- Safe To Use/Environmentally Friendly
- No Electrolytes/Non-Galvanic
- Efficient & Economical to Use