EARTH STOP FLOC BLOC® – CLEAN WATER JUST GOT EASIER
The EarthStop Floc Bloc is a semi-hydrated gel polyacrylamide block that when placed within stormwater or construction site drainages will remove fine particles and reduce NTU values.
Each Floc Bloc is formulated for the soil and water chemistry of the geographical area where placement and usage are intended. Soil and water samples are required for geographical areas not previously tested.
Placement of the Floc Bloc should be as close to the source of particle suspension or NTU origination as possible. Finer particles and colloidal suspensions will require greater mixing times, usually never greater than 75 seconds. This mixing time equates to the time required for water to flow through a ditch system or a pipe. Typical reaction times in most geographical areas are 10-30 seconds. Ideal performance of the Floc Bloc results when used in conjunction with Best Management Practices in place. Rock checks, drop inlets, storm drains, retrofits and slope drains all greatly enhance the effectiveness of the Floc Bloc.
The Floc Bloc is designed for a base flow rate of 60-75 GPM.
- Ansi/NSF Standard 60 Drinking water treatment chemical additives
- EPA/600/4-90/027F 48 Hr. Acute Static Screen Toxicity Test (Daphnia Magna)
- EPA/600/R-98/182 168 Hr. Chronic Toxicity Test (Pimephales promelas)
- Removes solubilized soils and clay from water
- Prevents colloidal solutions in water within ditch systems
- Binds cationic metals within water, reducing solubilization
- Reduces pesticide and fertilizer loss during rain events from runoff
- Increases soil permeability and water penetration to shallow plants in ditches
- Reduces operational and cleanup costs
- Reduces environmental risk and compliance