ENVIRO-MLT™ is an anhydrous grade sodium acetate that provides a guaranteed non-corrosive, environmentally friendly alternative to salts and calcium chloride. Acetates are safe for the environment because they readily biodegrade and exhibit low toxicity to vegetation and aquatic life.
Use ENVIRO-MLT™ to melt through ice. It begins melting immediately after applied. ENVIRO-MLT™ can be used to de-ice roads, parking garages, walkways and steps. It is the product of choice if stainless steel or aluminum is in the area.
- Does not contain chlorides that cause corrosion
- Does not track like common salts and is effective at much lower temperatures, 5ºF(-15ºC)
Developed to serve as both an anti-icer and a de-icer, Enviro-MLT™ has a place in every market including:
- Iron and Steel Industry
- Mass Transit
Enviro-MLT™ has a freezing point below -50°F, is safe and ready to use and will not trigger any environmental reporting requirements.
Where can you use Enviro-MLT™?
- Rail Switches
- Conveyor Belts
- Air Ventilation Shafts
- Mine Shafts
- Third Rails
- Boiling/Melting Point …473ºF 245ºC
- Vapor Pressure …<0.01
- Specific Gravity …1.04 to 1.08
- Solubility in Water …Complete
- Appearance …Orange liquid
- Odor …Slight Odor
- Ph …7.0
- Eliminates Power Loss And Stalled Trains
- Prevents Ice & Snow From Bonding To The Third Rail
- Maximizes Safety Conditions For Passengers
- Defies The Effects Of Rain, Sleet, Snow, Wind & Gravity
- Does Not Conduct Electricity or Cause Shorting
- Holds Fast to Vertical Surfaces & Remains In Place
- Reduces Wear And Tear On “Contact Shoes”
- More Effective Than Electric Rail Heaters
- Safe To Use/Environmentally Friendly
- No Electrolytes/Non-Galvanic
- Efficient & Economical to Use